Tuesday, January 18, 2011

P, What could that mean?


The other day I was told to find my learning profile by doing a few tests. I was told to find my dominant hand, leg, ear, and eye. After doing that we were asked a few questions to find out what hemisphere of the brain is dominant. My dominant hemisphere of the brain is Gestalt (right). That means I can't follow instructions easily and I like to see the whole picture.

We also went through a chart to find our learning profile. Mine is P. I was eager to see what it meant. I read a sheet about profile P and it sounded just like me.

It said that I learn best through movement and looking at the whole picture. This makes sense because I need to be moving to keep my focus by doing things such as doodling. But luckily for me moving around comes easily so i don't often lose focus unless I am in a test or stressful situation. Strategies that help me learn are things like lazy 8's and Thinking caps from Brain Gym. Making lists and learning time management, pretty much anything more logic will make me more whole brained, which will help when I am under stress. I would like my teachers to know that durning class I may move a bit and doing things like games or skits will help me process information. Sitting at the back of the classroom is one of the best spots for me because whilst I am moving I won't distract others.

The picture above was taken from http://www.c2cinternet.org/gpage23.html . I chose it because it show how people dominant to the right and left hemisphere's of the brain function.


No comments:

Post a Comment